cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How can you add the item reference number from BOM to the respective component drawing?

AB_10071442
13-Aquamarine

How can you add the item reference number from BOM to the respective component drawing?

I want to use the item reference numbers that are created with the BOM ballons of my assembly drawing to indicate which part is shown in a component drawing.

Assembly_drawing_with_bom_balloons.PNG

But when I want to add the element number note, only code is generated in that note, as shown in the attached picture.

component_drawing.PNG

This is what I would have expected it to look like:

what_I_expect_edited.png

Does anyone know how to fix this, or whether there is any other way or workaround to display the same item reference number that is used in the BOM in the respective part drawing?

Thank you for any answers and help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:AB_10071442)

When detailing parts within an assembly drawing, I have always used the part number, which is also in the BOM, to label the part drawings.

If you need to use the item number, you will need to fix the index and manually place balloons.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

rpt.index can be displayed in assembly drawing, only. Creo does not enable you to show it in part drawing.

Martin Hanák

Look for using "FIND NUMBERS" and implementing them using component-level parameters.  So instead of Pro/REPORT generated #s, the balloons will use the parameter values.  These parameters values can come from Windchill.  It's fairly complicated, but doable.

@pausob wrote:

Look for using "FIND NUMBERS" and implementing them using component-level parameters.  So instead of Pro/REPORT generated #s, the balloons will use the parameter values.  These parameters values can come from Windchill.  It's fairly complicated, but doable.

Hi,

unfortunately component-level parameters are not available in part drawing.

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:AB_10071442)

When detailing parts within an assembly drawing, I have always used the part number, which is also in the BOM, to label the part drawings.

If you need to use the item number, you will need to fix the index and manually place balloons.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags