cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do I attach a symbol (Surface finish) to a sketch in Creo? Did it all the time in ProE, but it doesn't want to attach in Creo.

bbellmore
1-Newbie

How do I attach a symbol (Surface finish) to a sketch in Creo? Did it all the time in ProE, but it doesn't want to attach in Creo.

Our normal way of indicating that a surface finish applies to a region, is to draw a sketch indicating the region, and then attach the surface finish symbol to it, and not to the part geometry. This worked just fine in ProE, but I've just started using Creo 3, and the finish symbol won't attach to the sketch! Which means I can make the drawing look good, but as soon as a view moves, the symbol will be in the wrong place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brett,

see the attached picture ...

surface_finish_on_circle.png

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Brett,

see the attached picture ...

surface_finish_on_circle.png

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Testing that out, I find that I can attach to sketches in the drawing when set to the drawing, (Which is good.) but still can't attach to the line in the model when set to the model.

However, it appears we can use our custom surface finish symbol through the symbols menu, and it will attach in both ways. Strange, but I can work with it.

Thanks!

Top Tags