cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do I set the decimal place for the primary units in a drawing? (WF5)

jartin
3-Visitor

How do I set the decimal place for the primary units in a drawing? (WF5)

I'm using WF5. I cannot figure out how to control the number of digits to the right of the decimal place for primary units. My design is metric. I do not need to list drawing dimensions out to the fourth decimal place.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Joel,

The number of decimal places is controlled by the config option default_dec_places.  If you set it to your desired value, e.g. 2, then the dimensions will have 2 decimal places.

Please note that this is only for models & dimensions created AFTER the option is set.  So for any existing models, the dimensions would still show the decimal place that was set previously, in your example that is probably 4.

Thanks,

Amit

Thank you Amit. Very helpful

Top Tags