cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do I use weight in a drawing repeat region in the units of the assembly?

Darrell
12-Amethyst

How do I use weight in a drawing repeat region in the units of the assembly?

I want to include the weight of each component of an assembly on the drawing table. I have used the report symbol asm.mbr.pro_mp_mass and that works but will only display the weight in the units of the component. I want to display it in the units of the assembly used by the repeat region regardless of the units used in the component model. Possible?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I think it is possible with relations for example first you can sum the weight of the component in any cell of your table than you can convert this value to the new unit system with relation than you can show this new value in another cell. You can find necessary commands in table>repeat region menu like summation or relation etc.

Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:GokhanASIL)

But all you'll have is a number, and I don't think there is any way to know what the units of the number are (programatically). We currently have a weight_uom parameter that must be maintained to match the units for weight setup in the model. We use relations to convert based on this weight_uom parameter like you describe, but it always bothers me that we aren't really reading the units from the component models, just from a manually maintained parameter. There's plenty room for error there.

Top Tags