cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do I validate a workstation?

sstavos
1-Newbie

How do I validate a workstation?

I am looking for a way verify/validate the ability of a CAD workstation to handle large files and assemblies?

I use Pro E Creo 2.0.

What do other IT departments at different companies do? Do they have a test procedure for a computers ability?

PTC gives a certified and supported rating system but that doesn't give an indication of ability to handle large assemblies and large files.

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:sstavos)

Unfortunately some places I have worked follow the PTC guidelines which are the lesser computers (Dells, etc).

If someone works some place where they actually build computers on-site now, I would love to hear it, but I would also be surprised. It seems like the typical IT department now a days does not spend much time digging into hardware.

OK, so I purchased a certified Dell workstation (Precision M2800) and it crashes frequently when spinning or zooming in/out. How can I track down what is causing the issue?

The graphics driver on the machine is newer than what is listed in the certified machine document. Is that the problem?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:kbryant)

It could be the problem. It's easy to try a different driver.

Which CREO version and build, and which graphics card and drvier version is it?

kbryant
1-Newbie
(To:Inoram)

Creo/Elements Pro 5.0 (M200)

AMD FirePro W4170M (FireGL V)

Driver 13.352.1002.0

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:kbryant)

Did you try a different driver? That's a quick thing to try first.

Top Tags