cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How the splices work?

LK_10080738
7-Bedrock

How the splices work?

Hello everyone,

I just started created harnesses with creo schematics -> parametric (cabeling module) -> HMX.

Overall its works fine with only small issues, but there is one thing which is not working for me. It's splices.

The question is, how to properly define it at beginning in Schamtics, so it will load properly in Parametric and in drawing using HMX?

Typically in Schematics, I use splices as branch ends so it's attached automatically (picture 1) when I route fibers. Type I'm using is component;splice. In parametric, I insert splices into assembly through insert component command, and I set the type on SPLICE. Fibers rooted in this fashion looks exactly how I want to, but sometimes its also little bit buggy. This setup works, in HMX there is only one bug..... there are always 2 cavity tables for 1 splice. If I have 2 splices in my design, I will get 4 tables in total.

How should the design of a Splice look in general? is there some good practice?

For my design in parametric, usually I would like to connect 3 wires in one splice. 2 pointing to right, and 1 pointing to the left....should this also correspond to schematics splice design?

thanks everyone for answers

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags