cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to Constrain Surface of a Part in Assembly to be Free to Move in all Directions Except One Direction?

danderson
11-Garnet

How to Constrain Surface of a Part in Assembly to be Free to Move in all Directions Except One Direction?

Hi,

I have a large assembly where I have used a simplified rep to exclude all components except one component and all of it's fasteners (solid models).

The fasteners have preload assigned.

I now want to add a simulate feature / constraint to the base of the component to simulate the contact the surface of the component would partially see in the component assembly.

All I'm trying to do is check to see if the component has proper constraints to the fasteners with out running the complete large assembly.

How would one constrain one surface of a part so it's free to move in all directions except one.  example all rotation axis free to move and translate except no negative x translation?

Thanks,

Don Anderson

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

PTC's response was to use springs with different stiffness in two directions.

I have created a new enhancement request. Click link below for enhancement request unless someone has another Idea of how to approach this?

Creo Simulate - Create New Planar Displacement Constraint to Substitute for Mating Component and Contact Constraint

Thanks,

Don Anderson

Top Tags