cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to access predefined function used by creo parametric?

ptc-4916427
5-Regular Member

How to access predefined function used by creo parametric?

Is it possible to access source file which is used by creo to design lattice.

Basically i want to access the formula used by creo to design the formula driven lattices (DIAMOND). 

2 REPLIES 2

@vidmate wrote:

Is it possible to access source file which is used by creo to design lattice.

Basically i want to access the formula used by creo to design the formula driven lattices (DIAMOND). 

Great article, but it would be nice if you added an example with navigation.

ptc-4916427
5-Regular Member
(To:Lucille7646)

For example, in case of gyroid the governing equation is

U_g=cos〖k_x* x〗  sin⁡〖k_y* y〗+cos⁡〖k_y* y〗  sin⁡〖k_z *z〗+cos⁡〖k_z* z〗  sin⁡〖k_x *x〗-t

Gyroid (G), lattice structures with arbitrary numbers of cells and volume fractions can be generated by finding the U = 0 isosurface of the gyroid equations.

Where

k_i=2π *n_i/L_i  

with i=x,y,z

where n_i  are the numbers of cell repetitions in the directions x, y and z, and  are the absolute sizes of the structure in those directions.

In creo for n_i we can use pattern and for L_i  it is “CELL Size” in GUI. I think there is no control over “t” in creo, absolutely fine. From these values, When I am trying to create lattice with some level of wall thickness, the lattice is very bad in 3D with uncontrolled thickened value. I think there is no control over surface generation.

My idea is, if I could somehow extract formulas used by the CREO, by this I can manually create the curve>surfaces from these formulas/equations.

Any suggestions appreciated thanks!

Top Tags