cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to access/use Pro/Assembly include

kdavidson
1-Newbie

How to access/use Pro/Assembly include

How do you gain access/use the Pro/Assembly include feature.  Was looking for this technology in Wildfire 5 but it was greyed out, now that we are making a move to Creo 3.0 where can I find this option.and how do I gain access to it?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kdavidson)

No. I just tested. I typically use a license that gives me advance assembly (not sure what the name is now), I am able to use Include.

I loaded up our basic license and it told me "Assembly license is required to use this functionality", I'm assuming that's advanced assembly.

in my case, it's the difference between the PROE_EngineerI and the PROE_EngineerIII license, your license names may be different.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm in Creo 2 but I'm assuming it didn't change. Select the drop down arrow under ASSEMBLE.

INCLUDE.jpg

so this is now base functionality?  It is greyed out in Wildfire

I believe the include function requires you to have an advanced assembly license.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

No. I just tested. I typically use a license that gives me advance assembly (not sure what the name is now), I am able to use Include.

I loaded up our basic license and it told me "Assembly license is required to use this functionality", I'm assuming that's advanced assembly.

in my case, it's the difference between the PROE_EngineerI and the PROE_EngineerIII license, your license names may be different.

you both are awesome, thank you

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:StephenW)

Just to reiterate what Stephen said, Advanced Assembly IS required for assembly "Include" functionality.

aax_missing.PNG

Engineer I does not include it.  Engineer II may, Engineer III and IV do for sure.

aax.PNG

You can verify this option by going to 'Help', 'System Information' and looking for the "Assembly" option.

aax_license.PNG

Top Tags