cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to add number of used hardware (screws) in family table ?

pobsd
12-Amethyst

How to add number of used hardware (screws) in family table ?

Hello All- 

I am working on the assembly family table drawing. Each instance uses the different numbers of the hardware. Is there any way creo can count the number of hardware on each assembly and can add that information on the family table column so I can show that in my drawing? I really appreciate it if someone helps me with this or any suggestion.

pobsd_1-1598029772231.png

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:pobsd)

I think everyone pointing to the BOM table repeat region are missing the fact that he wants to see that info in the family table editor itself.  Offhand, I can't think of a way to do that.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@pobsd wrote:

Hello All- 

I am working on the assembly family table drawing. Each instance uses the different numbers of the hardware. Is there any way creo can count the number of hardware on each assembly and can add that information on the family table column so I can show that in my drawing? I really appreciate it if someone helps me with this or any suggestion.

pobsd_1-1598029772231.png

Thank you so much.

Hi,

please can you upload example data ?

Martin Hanák
pobsd
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin Thank you for your response. 

Please see the drawing below.

pobsd_0-1598320505015.png

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@pobsd wrote:

Martin Thank you for your response. 

Please see the drawing below.

pobsd_0-1598320505015.png

Hi,

I am sorry I have to repeat my request ... please can you upload example data ? I mean Creo files, not picture. I think you understand that I can't guess how your assembly is built.

Martin Hanák

I think this is fundamentally why Repeat Regions exist... for Creo Drawing Tables...  to report the content and qty of things.

Assuming you are creating a drawing of a family table instance of an assembly, you should be able to add the required table and repeat region to your drawing template and it should work automagically when done. 

Dave

pobsd
12-Amethyst
(To:DavidBigelow)

Hi David.

Thank you for your response. I didn't find that option. Could you please share with me if you have something for this?

Thank you

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Are you looking to have one BOM table with a QTY column for each instance of the family table?

I am not sure a BOM table can reference multiple assemblies in this way.  Someone else may have more info if this is your goal.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
pobsd
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

Hi Kdrith-

Thanks for your reply. yes, I am looking for QTY column for each instance for the family table.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I think everyone pointing to the BOM table repeat region are missing the fact that he wants to see that info in the family table editor itself.  Offhand, I can't think of a way to do that.

Top Tags