cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to aligning dimension in Pro-E drafting ?

pjaguar
1-Newbie

How to aligning dimension in Pro-E drafting ?

align.png     Hai every one, i like to align this dimension in pro-E Drafting but i don't know how to do this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:pjaguar)

If by "aligning" you mean make the leaders line up with each other, you could try moving them around and any dimensions which share a leader will snap to each other. What I do is create snap lines, then move the dimensions onto the lines, etc.

There is an align function. Right in the Annotate tab.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

As Don suggested you can use Align dimensions from Annotate group OR select dimensions > Right Click > Align dimensions

You can also add snap lines around a view - this is my preferred way of working.  These allow you to arrange your dimensions evenly, but do not show when you print the drawing.

Typically I set the first line 15 mm from the view boundary, and space the lines at 12 mm intervals.  I generally create more lines than I think I will need (usually 6 in one location, but maybe up to 10 for a complex part or as few as 3 for a small detail view).

psobejko
12-Amethyst

You can also select the dimensions, then right-click and select "Clean-up Dimensions".

This will launch the tool to create snap-lines which align the dimensions.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Prabaharan,

There are multiple good responses to your query. Does any of these help you?

Top Tags