cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to create a new model from a comparison model

ptc-4364335
3-Visitor

How to create a new model from a comparison model

CREO 7 will not allow me to save and create a new model from a comparison model. Does anyone have a solution for how get around this?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4364335)

You didn't give any details of what you have tried or your system, such as using windchill pdmlink. So we will have to start with basic stuff. You can rename a part in windows but don't expect an existing assy to find it with the new name.

File - save as (if a part, it's just entering a new name, if assy, you will have to decide if you want new names for sub-levels or use existing)

File - save as save as backup (to copy an entire model with the same name to a different directory)

Using pdmlink, you can use the save as function from with pdmlink.

Hi Stephen,

Latest and released version of a component and drawing is v2.0, and ideally I would like to create a new part and drawing from  v1.0 

/Thomas

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4364335)

I don't understand. You're not talking about filename? You are talking about version #? Are you referring to version in PDMLink or are you talking about version on filename. Or something else?

PDMLink version vs. filename version:

StephenW_0-1684927605652.png  

StephenW_1-1684927663455.png

Top Tags