cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to create a silhouette curve in an UDF?

ptc-3197562
1-Newbie

How to create a silhouette curve in an UDF?

Hallo everybody! Hope you can help me!

The problem is quite simple. I want to create a simple (like in the picture 1 or even better like ion picture 2 ) curve on a part without using the sketcher. The goal is to create an UDF in which only some references are needed to create the curve automatically. Those references shouldn't be single surfaces or e.g. roundings of the part but axis, planes and the surface of the whole part. Just like: Chosse Front, Chosse End, Chose Plane (and/or sth. else) -> Automtic Silhouette Curve

Is there a way to solve this problem like I want it?

Glad for your help!

Christopher

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for the hint. I already tried it this way. It works well for a planar section like shown in the picture. The problem is how to cut the curve that only the upper part (like in the pictures before) is there.

I already tried it with zone x-section (i don't know if its translated properly) so my part is cut by two planes. But this wont work. I cannot create a curve out f this.

X-Section_planar.JPG

Best Regards

Christopher

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Not UDF,store it as sketch,in sketch pallets.

I want to use the UDF in order to create curves for other geometries. Only the references are the same.

Hi Christopher,

I think that best practice for your curve is: create curve from X-section

What do you think - have you tried it?

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

This is beautiful.

I know... you are welcome.

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for the hint. I already tried it this way. It works well for a planar section like shown in the picture. The problem is how to cut the curve that only the upper part (like in the pictures before) is there.

I already tried it with zone x-section (i don't know if its translated properly) so my part is cut by two planes. But this wont work. I cannot create a curve out f this.

X-Section_planar.JPG

Best Regards

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I have created the UDF feature for you - see the attachment and picture

silhouette+curve+with+UDF.PNG

I hope that it will help you

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks a lot Vladimir!

That is what I was looking for! Perfect!

Best regards

Christopher

You are Welcome Christopher.

Have a nice day,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags