cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to create an animation from a series of annotation sets?

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

How to create an animation from a series of annotation sets?

I have saved an assembly in multiple views as annotation sets. For each annotation set, certain parts are in a different position. Viewing the annotation sets one after the other produces a kind of stop motion effect that shows a disassembly of the parts.

How can I create an animation from these six or so annotation sets?

I can't seem to figure that out from the rather brief instructions in the support center.

Namely, every time I click on the next annotation set in animation mode in order to record that next annotation set, the animation mode instead gets terminated?

Edit:

Now I seem even to have damaged  the transitions between some of my annotation sets, by trying to make sense of the commands in the animation ribbon!

With these transitions, the parts don't move smoothly anymore when changing between annotation sets, but instead jump sharply.

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:Chris3)

Thanks. I've now figured out how to convert a series of Annotation Sets to an animation (although two different support levels said it is not possible).

Btw, I have never managed to find a community area for Creo View, which is why I have posted here. Can you point me to the former?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:VeqTor)

I have now learned from PTC support that unfortunately it is not possible to create an animation from a series of annotation sets. It seems that animations can only be created within one annotation set.

Now I am still faced with the problem of how to recover those annotation sets that have begun to abruptly change the position of parts and camera when changing to or from another annotation set. In other words, how can I re-enable the gradual smooth transition between all annotation sets?

Some of my annotation sets now have a red dot to them, which seems to indicate that they contain an animation:

vecTor_1-1639410369407.png

However, the abrupt transition between some of these annotation sets does not seem to be correlated with the presence or absence of a red dot.

Thanks for any advice on how I can restore the smooth transition between all annotation sets.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:VeqTor)

You have posted this in the Creo Parametric area but you are working in Creo View. Creo Parametric can also do animations so you may want to consider asking the mods to move this to the Cero View group. That group has a lot less visibility though.

I have not done animations in Creo View myself, but it sounds like from your description that Clicking on different annotation sets cause the parts to rotate on screen. Is this correct? If so then you might be able to just capture the animation yourself with a tool like ScreenToGIF 

VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:Chris3)

Thanks. I've now figured out how to convert a series of Annotation Sets to an animation (although two different support levels said it is not possible).

Btw, I have never managed to find a community area for Creo View, which is why I have posted here. Can you point me to the former?

Top Tags