cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to create half dimension line for a diameter in half section?

Kivi_Kn
4-Participant

How to create half dimension line for a diameter in half section?

Hi, I'm making a drawing of a simple revolved part. It can be represented as one half section projection. However, I can't draw the dimension line for the diameter how I would like. 

In the first picture is my drawing now. The second picture (simplified case) shows the standardized way of drawing dimension lines in half sections in Finland. So I would only want the upper part of the dimension line and no arrow in the bottom end

KK_10542983_0-1672737248956.png

KK_10542983_1-1672737657167.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Kivi_Kn)

Select the dimension and you can move the end of the extension line anywhere you like.

StephenW_0-1672775603040.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Select the witness line you wish to remove, RMB Erase Witness line.

You can control the arrows (double/single/none) in the drawing setup using 

clip_dim_arrow_style

StephenW_0-1672758380311.png

StephenW_1-1672758400776.png

Kivi_Kn
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Yea but still the stem of the arrow (dimension line) will continue all the way down so that's not quite what I'm looking for

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Select the dimension and you can move the end of the extension line anywhere you like.

StephenW_0-1672775603040.png

Kivi_Kn
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Oh, you are right! Before I had not erased the witness line complitely but rahter just made it really showrt and that wasn't possible. This is even better than the solution below since now there is no messing with the half views. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

In Creo 9.0 it is possible to create Half view - see following picture.

MartinHanak_0-1672770311036.png

I hope older Creo releases enable you to create this view, too.

To get requested result you have to create your view as two separate half views -OR- you have to overlay the full view with a half view.

Martin Hanák
Kivi_Kn
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

I'm using Creo 6.0. After some trial and error I managed to do that. However, the solution from StephenW does not require messing with the half views. But thanks still!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags