cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to hide Solid welds without hiding associated weld symbols in drawings for Creo welding feature?

danders238
13-Aquamarine

How to hide Solid welds without hiding associated weld symbols in drawings for Creo welding feature?

Hi

In Creo 4, how may I hide Solid welds (Creo Weld) in a drawing without hiding associated weld symbols that were created in the assembly using welding features?

Using Creo Welding I created Solid Welds in the assembly which automatically created the required weld annotation symbols for each weld.
I want the solid weld to be displayed in the assembly and in the drawing I don't want the solid weld feature to be displayed but I need the weld symbol to be displayed. This will allow one to see the parts/edges that need to be welded together.

It Appears that in Creo 4 you are not able to add solid weld features to a simplified rep in the assembly.

When adding the solid welds to a new layer, weld symbol annotations are also assigned to the same layer at that time.   When selecting the weld feature or (weld solid) they both respond the same way.

Anyone have a solution for showing the solid weld features in the assembly and only showing the weld symbols in the drawings?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Don A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:danders238)

You can use Component Display in the drawing to blank them from your view without loosing their associated weld symbol.  I'm using Creo 4 as well.

Mike

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:danders238)

You can use Component Display in the drawing to blank them from your view without loosing their associated weld symbol.  I'm using Creo 4 as well.

Mike

danders238
13-Aquamarine
(To:mkajdan)

Thanks Mike that satisfies my current needs.

Wish they could be automatically turn off on the drawing by being assigned to a layer.

Don A

Hi,

How can you do it with Component Display.

Please describe?

I'm not able to do so, I use Creo 8.

Also, using Creo Welding I created Solid Welds in the assembly which automatically created the required weld annotation symbols for each weld.
I want the solid weld to be displayed in the assembly and in the drawing I don't want the solid weld feature to be displayed but I need the weld symbol to be displayed. This will allow one to see the parts/edges that need to be welded together.

Thanks

Damir

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Damir_F)

In Layout tab:

Dale_Rosema_0-1658835482381.png

Then select blank:

Dale_Rosema_1-1658835524108.png

Choose the components you want to blank (out).

Hi,

No, it's not working.

A weldment is not a component...

danders238
13-Aquamarine
(To:Damir_F)

Are  you using the default surface welds or Solid welds?

Mine were solid welds.

Don A

I used light.

Now I turned to solid and I managed to remove orange colored welds with Component Display.

Thanks

Damir

Top Tags