cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to hide unwanted dimension ID in creo 2 ??

aselvaraj-2
2-Guest

How to hide unwanted dimension ID in creo 2 ??

Hi,

I am able to hide unwanted dimension ID in 3D model (example: unwanted dimensions means if we create one coordinate system it will create X,Y,Z direction dimensions, but i need only X direction dimension ID to display and i do not want Y & Z dimension ID to be displayed) in Creo elements and below versions I use to hide this unwanted dimension ID in layers it was working good, but in Creo 1 or Creo 2 if i hide unwanted dimension ID in layer it is still displaying when i edit the coordinate system.

Is there any other way to hide the unwanted dimension ID in Creo 2? If not please include this option to hide unwanted dimension ID in Creo 2, which was there in earlier versions.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I came looking for this exact same problem and managed to make it work myself.

• Right click on feature whose dim's you want to hide
  • Select Edit
  • With dimensions shown, go to Layer Tree
    • Create new layer
    • Switch filter in bottom right corner to dimensions
    • Select dimensions to hide
    • Finish creating layer
    • Hide layer
  • When you go to edit this feature again, the unwanted dimensions will be hidden
  • Optional:
    • Lock unwanted dimensions with relations
    • Hide draggers on the feature being edited

I hope that helps!

Top Tags