cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to make color parameters reflect on wires in Cabling

catipash
1-Newbie

How to make color parameters reflect on wires in Cabling

I have added a parameter naming Wire_Color in the Parameter window of Cabling as below.

My problem is I don't know how to enter different colors in parameter window so that I can change different colors in this window itself.

Capture.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Syed...

The parameter Wire_Color you've defined will be seen as a "user-defined" parameter. This means it is not one of the standard parameters supported by Creo cabling. The system will see this parameter as one you've "invented" yourself.

This is certainly okay. But I guess I'm wondering if you're just trying to enter information into this custom parameter using the Electrical Properties tool, or if you're trying to have Creo cabling automatically color the wires as they're routed. There's a difference. If you want Creo to automatically color the wires, you'd use the Color parameter (which is a standard parameter) rather than Wire_Color which the system will see as user-defined parameter.

Please let us know what you're trying to do and I'm sure we can help you.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

I want Creo to automatically color the wires as I route how do i do that?

Thanks

Syed

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:catipash)

As Brian wrote: Use the parameter COLOR to define the wire/cable colors.

Things to note:

• The parameter is a spool parameter, not a wire parameter
  • You need to have an appearance defined with the very same name
  • Don't use upper case letters for the appearances' names in the gallery
Top Tags