cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to merge surfaces together to allow correct placement of a decal in Creo 2 Para

bhogan
1-Newbie

How to merge surfaces together to allow correct placement of a decal in Creo 2 Para

I have just been sent a simple geometry that as been made with Freestyle in Creo 2 Parametric.

PTC1.png

I would like to know if it is possible to merge the individual quilt surfaces together, so that a single decal can be applied to the entire model. This is the decal I would like to apply;

PTC+BADGE.JPG

At the moment, I solidifiy the Freesytle, but as I can not merge the surfaces together, I end up with this

PTC2.png

As you can see, the decal is only applied to one of the quilt surfaces, and I require it to be displayed on the entire model.

This is my first post on here, so I hope that this is sufficient information, however please accept my apologies if it is not.

Kind regards,

Ben

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bhogan
1-Newbie
(To:bhogan)

Hello everyone,

I have had a play and I believe I may have solved it, with advice from Doug Schaefer.

If you apply the decal using 'Planar' mapping type, seems to apply the decal to the selected surfaces.

PTC5.png

Thank you to everyone for the help!

Many thanks,

Ben

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Hi Ben,

welcome to the forum. I am not sure how you are applying this decal to the surface, but are you picking multiple surfaces by holding down the control key as you select you surfaces? Or, right clicking over the surfaces, to query select through to intent surfaces?

John

John,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of the technique you describe, however I beleive this does not help, I can multi select the surfaces to apply the decal to,...

ptc3.png

but as they are separate surfaces, this is the result;

ptc4.png

As you can see, this is not what I am after. I require one, single decal, on the entire model.

Many thanks for your help.

Ben

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Have you tried copying the required surface set, & applying the decal to that?

John

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

I thought there was a setting in the decal dialog to apply the decal across the surfaces. I'm not super familiar with this and I'm definitely not up to speed with the Creo2 color dialog, but take a look around.

Alternately, John's suggestion to copy the individual surfaces and applying the decal to the quilt might work.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
bhogan
1-Newbie

Hello everyone,

I have had a play and I believe I may have solved it, with advice from Doug Schaefer.

If you apply the decal using 'Planar' mapping type, seems to apply the decal to the selected surfaces.

PTC5.png

Thank you to everyone for the help!

Many thanks,

Ben

Top Tags