cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to move dimension for a pattern feature with in the view?

NaveenKumarGong
1-Newbie

How to move dimension for a pattern feature with in the view?

Hello,

I want to know "How to move dimension for a pattern feature with in the view?" Can anybody help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen Kumar Gongu.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Naveen,

(For Creo Parametric 2.0) You may try displaying dimensions of hole feature in drawing by using the instance from pattern feature:

1. Expand Pattern feature in Model Tree In drawing Mode > Select the required instance and Right click > Show Model Annotations > Select required dimension to display.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I coudnt understand the question. Are you asking to move the imensions with the view in the drawing?

Hello Jayanta Sarkar,

I have created a pattern of holes on the flange and while i dimension the hole in the drawing it is showing to the hole1 feature(the generic or partent hole) but i want the dimension of the hole to a hole member other than the generic hole, i have tried it using note and @d but is there any option other than using the note option.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen Kumar Gongu.

Have you tried deleting the dimension and clicking on the hole where you do want the dimension to be tied to by showing the annotation again?

You would think "edit attachment" can do this, but in general, you really have to work at making driving dimensions do extactly what you want on the drawings. I've given up that battle long ago. I find that driven dimensions are just as associative

Naveen,

(For Creo Parametric 2.0) You may try displaying dimensions of hole feature in drawing by using the instance from pattern feature:

1. Expand Pattern feature in Model Tree In drawing Mode > Select the required instance and Right click > Show Model Annotations > Select required dimension to display.

Top Tags