cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to open multiple windows in creo?

adeshmukh
3-Visitor

How to open multiple windows in creo?

Hello Friends,

I have 3-4 assemblies having same name but diff. dimensions.

I have to open these assm. at a time.

So please tell me how.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:adeshmukh)

Cannot do it in the same session of Creo.

Launch a new session and you can then load them.

Why have the same assembly with different dimensions? Use flexible parts ir some other technique to have one assembly in different positions.

Akshay,

Creo will not allow you to open multiple models/drawings with the same name.  It will ask you to rename the file you are trying to open, if the same name is already in session.

As Ben said, you can have multiple sessions of Creo and then retrieve the files in the different sessions.

Amit

Just add all 4 to a next-level assembly

Okay, that may require a few iterations since renaming is involved.

However, if you 1st open each and rename the top level, you can also rename the lower levels at the same time.

Once you have them all "unique", you can do with them as you wish.

As an aside, you can output each assembly as a STEP.  Next, you can open each step and Creo will automatically rename duplicates.  This will allow you to quickly assemble all 4 models into one assembly without going through the rename process.  Here I am assuming you just need a quick reference model.

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:adeshmukh)

Akshay,

There is a way to open several versions of the same model in Creo Parametric if you use the Compare Assembly functionality in the TOOLS tab, INVESTIGATE group.  When you open the second assembly, it will be renamed in session with a "_CM#" suffix where # represents a number.  Ex _CM1, _CM2, etc.  Once the second model is open, go back to the first an use Compare Assembly again, and select the third model.  Repeat with the forth.

In the _CM# model windows, you have very limited functionality, but you can at least open them all at the same time.

Also, Creo Parametric used to have an "Integrate" mode that allowed two versions of the same model in session at the same time for the purpose of merging or integrating the changes in one model into the other.  However, I don't believe that functionality still exists.  I can search for the "integrate" command, and it states that it's a "Commands not in the ribbon".  Selecting it does nothing.  (Creo Parametric 3.0 M030).

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags