cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to project a spline onto a cylinder???

naveenkumar6
7-Bedrock

How to project a spline onto a cylinder???

I have aerofoil on a plane which is as shown in fig.3 of attachments they are lying on the different parallel planes. but I want to have them like how they are shown in images 1 and 2. In images 1 and 2, the aerofoils are projected onto right circular cylinders fashion. I have attached the igs file of various splines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:naveenkumar6)

This looks straight forward. Create the cylindrical surface and then project those curves to it. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Use the Project feature to project a sketch onto a cylindrical surface or quilt.

Also look at the Wrap feature in case this is more appropriate.

Thank you, I should use a wrap instead of project command as it gives the exact shape and size. How to blend after wrapping all the curves

I do have some luck with boundary blend but a sweep-blend feature may also work for you.

Hi TomD.inPDX,

I'm trying but I couldn't succeed in blending the curves, someone please help me in blending the curves which are attached in zip file 

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

see if this gives you the right geometry.

Thank you sir, it helped me

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

This looks straight forward. Create the cylindrical surface and then project those curves to it. 

Thank You, it helped me to solve my problem to some extent. How to blend those curves to make them into a solid model 

Top Tags