cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to propagate the title block information of sheet 1 onto new sheets automatically?

wsourbeer-2
1-Newbie

How to propagate the title block information of sheet 1 onto new sheets automatically?

I have a title block program that asks questions for various fields when you create a drawing. How do I get it to automatically fill in the title block with the sheet one info when I add another sheet? I am using Creo 3 M100.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi,

don't fill informations directly to tables. Thats bad style and bring up a lot of Problems in later usage.

Better:

- Fill up the informations in parameters.

- Use the parameters inside your drawing frames (tables) with &paramname; and you should get all informations on all sheets

- Also decide which parameters make sense on your model and which ones are better at the drawing.

So many people work on a "good" parameter concept in different companys. One advantage is that you can replace your drawing frame later and all cells get filled automatically.

You should think about a conversion from your old files to the new standard (if you change to parameters). To get a "all the same" working behavior and a good speedup for you and your colleges.

Tools like:

B&W Smart Update https://www.buw-soft.de/index.php?id=smartupdate&L=3

INNEO Model Processor / User (has also a free guest mode) https://modelprocessor.inneo.com/

could help you at this steps.

Br,

Eike

Top Tags