cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to set IFX .hol file

mvitárius
15-Moonstone

How to set IFX .hol file

How can I set IFX to use different .hol file for pins and screws? I can't find a way to change this behavior in the configs. Which would be even better is to be able to use different .hol files for different screws, like setting it in the .dat file.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

your request is already planed as new feature for Creo 8.0 and maybe for Creo 7.0.3.0.

In the meantime you can use the IFX options *_THREAD_SERIES_* to use different thread series for different hole types.

IFX screw options:

• SCR_THREAD_SERIES_COUNTERBORE Hole chart for counterbores.
  • SCR_THREAD_SERIES_COUNTERSINK Hole chart for countersinks.
  • SCR_THREAD_SERIES_THREAD Hole chart for threaded holes.
  • SCR_THREAD_SERIES_CLEARANCE Hole chart for clearance hole.

IFX pin options:

• PIN_THREAD_SERIES_COUNTERBORE Hole chart for counterbores.
  • PIN_THREAD_SERIES_THRU Hole chart for through holes.
  • PIN_THREAD_SERIES_BLIND Hole chart for blind holes.

Simply enter one ore more THREAD_SERIES from your *.hol file (seperated by blank or semikolon).

Then only those THREAD_SERIES are used for the specified hole type.

The new feature will allow you to select the THREAD_SERIES directly in the dialog.

Kind Regards,

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

How does it differentiate if there is two .hol file with different THREAD_NAME and same THREAD_SERIES?

This is not possible yet.

You have to use unique thread_series.

As far as I know the THREAD name is only used for tapered holes.

Or do you use one THREAD_SERIES and differen THREAD_NAMES for your hole files?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

We use the same thread series for most of our .hol files. I'm not sure how it should be used or not but we have separate files for normal threads and fine threads. Also there is a different file for H7 holes  all with the same THREAD_SERIES (ISO)

As far as I can remember I choose to go with the same THREAD_SERIES for most of our files, because of the trouble mentioned in this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS13539

But I see that I could use different THREAD_SERIES for H7 holes since the M prefix is not needed there.

For IFX I still think THREAD_NAME should be preferred over THREAD_SERIES if both exists in a file.

Hi,

that's a very good point.

I will take this into concideration for the new feature in Creo 8.0 and maybe in Creo 7.0.3.0.

Kind Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags