cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to sweep along the curves of bottle?

sniyomkochakorn
1-Newbie

How to sweep along the curves of bottle?

Hi guys,

I want to create a bottle with 4 curves that using offset coordinate system to make points. When I finished from creating 4 curves and 1 straight line at the center, I used the sweep tool, but the model is not working through the points that I created. Anyone have a suggested ideas of what I could try?

I have attached the part file of the problem.

Thank you,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First, the element in your section must be ABLE to stretch and contract as pulled by the curves, in other words, an arc may not work, you may need to use a conic or ellipse.  Second, you must be careful to pick the "reference point" reference for your trajectories.  Third, and most important, in the sweep tool, you must make sure you do NOT have the "constant section" option on.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

First, the element in your section must be ABLE to stretch and contract as pulled by the curves, in other words, an arc may not work, you may need to use a conic or ellipse.  Second, you must be careful to pick the "reference point" reference for your trajectories.  Third, and most important, in the sweep tool, you must make sure you do NOT have the "constant section" option on.

Hi,

section defined in your sweep feature is a circle. Creo cannot warp circle to "something else" to follow your curves. You have to modify sweep section as mentioned.

MH

Martin Hanák

How are you constraining your sketch curve.  It must be constrained to the end of all curves and the they must all end on the sketching plane.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags