cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to unbend sheetmetal model that has small radius than thickness at edge?

yseo
8-Gravel

How to unbend sheetmetal model that has small radius than thickness at edge?

I made sheetmatal model using extrude without "add bends on sharp edge"

And added round at edge with small radius than sheetmetal thickness

After that I could not make unbend

How to do?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:yseo)

Please add a picture. I think it will help us understand what you are asking.

yseo
8-Gravel
(To:StephenW)

Please refer the following image.

sheetmetal_round.jpg

I created sheetmetal wall using extrude and thickness is 1.

And I added round to sharp edge and radius is 0.8.

After I click "flat pattern" but I could not make flatten

Please check and give me good solution.

Thanks.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:yseo)

To get a flat pattern, you must have constant thickness for sheetmetal (by definition sheet metal is a constant thickness material. When you have a round on one corner and not the other, you have made a non-constant thickness.

My opinion is if you want a sharp inside corner, use the option to add bends and use a 0 (zero) bend radius on the inside.

Your outside radius will be the material thickness since that is what is required to keep a constant thickness.

Top Tags