cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to undo in PROE

kennethmcsteven
1-Newbie

How to undo in PROE

Hi my name is Kenny,

I don't understand how to undo in proE,

I've started a sketch, made a solid and continued on to making the part, then when I go back to change the sketch if I make a mistake and the sketch is not closed or there is a problem with it, ProE comes up with this crazy fix menu and no matter what option I click it will not allow me to go back and fix my error. I end up having to end task ProE and losing a lot of work every time. Please help, I don't understand why it has to be so complicated.

Also I want to know how to duplicate a sketch, I can copy/paste special of the sketch but it won't allow me to extrude. If I go into the sketch and copy the lines in the sketch I can't paste them exactly in the same place and end up having edges in my part.

Many thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry, I also forgot to ask 2 questions

My sketches always disappear after I paste them. Whenever I have a complex sketch and I try to paste it, it disappears.

When I copy the sketch (not from within the sketcher) and paste in through paste in place with transformations, I cannot extrude the pasted sketch. (It is moved under "Moved Copy" in the tree)

Many thanks,

Sketches are "Hidden" after they are referenced by a solid feature. They should still be visible in the Model Tree. Try RMB Unhide from the Model Tree. If you want to make a complete copy of the sketch, try using Edit, Feature Operations, Copy, Same Refs, Done, <pick feature(s)>, OK, Done.

Sketcher Diagnostics were introduced in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0. Please use the link to read about these enhancements and watch a short video.

My question was about the Menu Manager, which pops up when I try to change a sketch previously defined in my part and get an error because the sketch is incomplete in ProE wildfire 4.

The video is not related to my problem

Sometimes there is an option to Undo changes in the Menu Manager, but when I press it, it erases all parts newer than the sketch I modify

This is a really big inconvenience as I have lost hours of work

If somebody can please help me get to an option to redefine the sketch in this horrible menu manager I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Quick Fix -> Redefine is the usual solution, if the problem is with the actual feature that's fallen over.

If the problem has been caused by an earlier feature (which worked OK itself but then caused a later feature to fail), then you want Fix Model -> Feature -> Confirm -> Redefine.

Also, if you're losing "hours of work" then you're not saving often enough.

(Did you know that Pro/E saves a new copy of the .prt each time you save? Sometimes you can 'undo' by closing and erasing your model, then opening an earlier version - use Tools -> All Versions in the File Open dialogue box.)

HTH!

Top Tags