cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Hyperlink to another drawing

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

Hyperlink to another drawing

Is it possible to provide a hyperlink note in a drawing that opens up another drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
mender
6-Contributor
(To:manjunathrv)

Nope.  You can make a hyperlink in a note in a solid, which can open a URL in the browser, or (from Creo 3 onward) set a comb state in the solid.  You could look into expansions;  drawing notes to have hyperlink, and note hyperlink to add 'open model' as a possible action, as a Product Idea.

Or you could write a programmatic app for it, with whatever format you like and a special command to invoke.  But that involves coding, which isn't in everyone's skill set.

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:mender)

Hi Matthew,

I have similar wish, but not 100% equal as Manjunath, because I wish to have in one PDF as result from Creo (top assembly component list) drawing hyperlinks which allo users to open each component from this list. I tested and I know that manually I can create that hyperlinks, but I see the problem to store each separate hyperlinks as parameter. All drawing numbers and names are programmed and update automatically, so hyperlinks should be updated the same. So far I see that hyperlinks in Creo drawings not allow to be covered by string parameter ;-(

I thought and tested Drawing Program, but it looks as empty for drawing...

Do you know solution which can work for me?

Thanks in advance!

Top Tags