cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I have UDFs of parts assembled together that can be inserted into other assemblies that we used in Widlfire 4. How do I insert an assembly UDF in Creo?

rkilpatrick
2-Guest

I have UDFs of parts assembled together that can be inserted into other assemblies that we used in Widlfire 4. How do I insert an assembly UDF in Creo?

For instance, I have a collection of parts that are always grouped together but are not a subassembly. Wildfire 4 and before allowed you to create an UDF of the assembly which could then be used in other assemblies by inserting the UDF. I don't see the option in Creo to place a UDF in Assembly mode. Has PTC renamed this feature to something else?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found it. There is a small icon at the top of the Get Data ribbon called User Defined Feature. This allows you to navigate to the location where the assembly UDFs are stored and install the assembly of parts to your assembly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Found it. There is a small icon at the top of the Get Data ribbon called User Defined Feature. This allows you to navigate to the location where the assembly UDFs are stored and install the assembly of parts to your assembly.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:rkilpatrick)

Richard Kilpatrick

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct for those who may search on this topic.

Top Tags