cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

I keep getting an error and it shuts down

ptc-6739883
1-Newbie

I keep getting an error and it shuts down

I'll upload an image of the error here

What can i do >.<

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I uninstalled and reinstalled it and the error still appears but it doesn't crash anymore, that'll do for now i guess
Thanks

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Take a look in your system environment for an AWP_ROOT150 entry.

I suspect you are missing a folder and/or drive location.

hmm, i don't really know how to do that , can you help me with that?

and how do i know which files are missing?

Open your config.pro file and see if you can find the command in the error message and remove it and see if it works.

can you suggest a program to open it?

Notepad?

haha i wish! it doesn't open with notepad! it requires i download a program from the internet to view

config.pro is a simple ascii text file.

Sorry i'm a little slow on the computer things ! i was able to open it with test and it saves as config.pro.txt i renamed it and removed ".txt" and deleted the original...right? still not working 😕

Do you have support maintenance with PTC for a new license or is this an academic version?

There are some basics you need to understand and if you can get online with tech support able to see your computer, this might be easy to resolve. The problem is that somehow you are seeing an advanced setting for pro toolkit that is part of your configuration file. Guessing without a screensharing session would be much more difficult.

This is the student version for Creo. 😕

The config.pro file is located in the Ansys files in program files, does that change anything?

I just searched for config.pro within creo files and checked every single one none of them had the error msg text 😕

There are quite a few config.pro files. It really depends on what your startup folder is to know which to edit. And if you are using the default shortcut, then I am not sure how it is finding this Pro Toolkit folder.

It might be faster to have academic support contact you. File a case here:

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/technical-support

The error will not show up in the config.pro file, the callouot for the pro toolkit folder will be in there.

Maybe some history of how you loaded the software, if it was an update from a previous version, what you are using as a startup folder form ytour desktop shortcut?

There is some basic "readme" knowledge you need to make sense of what I am getting at here and how Creo works.

I removed Creo2.0 and installed 3.0 and using the the desktop shortcut

Anyways Thanks a lot I've taken too much of your time. I appreciate the help

I'll check out the link

Let's see if the filing a academic support case yields a solution. If not, we can go again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it and the error still appears but it doesn't crash anymore, that'll do for now i guess
Thanks

It has something to do with Ansys Workbench.

Perhaps http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3922 can help.

If you don't have Ansys Workbench installed, then remove any mention of it from the Config.pro. The line will start with PROTKDAT. Look for the config.pro file in the C: drive; you can use an advanced search in Windows explorer for files containing the text PROTKDAT.

I tried removing it and installing it again (Ansys) but it didn't work. I have Creo 3.0 and Ansys 15.0 the above link is for Creo 2.0 and Ansys 14.5, maybe i should go back to Creo 2.0 😕

Top Tags