cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

I want to create a list of each component in my part

andrewforrest4
2-Guest

I want to create a list of each component in my part

So, I have a part that I have made, that is made up of several extrusions and such. The selected material is steel. Say I were to make the actual part and to cut the steel and weld it together. Is there a way that Creo can list all the pieces needed to make said part? A list of all the steel and dimensions that I could then cut and weld together. 

Thanks 

Andrew 

5 REPLIES 5

If your "part" is an assembly of parts, you can use a bom table to create a parts list. You'll need parameters in each part to get cut list dimensions. It can be done but #1, it has to be an assembly.

BOM tables are repeat regions that get info from the assembly and each part to make list. There is some setup involved but if you are doing welded assemblies over and over, it can be worth the effort.

bom-image.jpg

@StephenW wrote:

If your "part" is an assembly of parts, you can use a bom table to create a parts list. You'll need parameters in each part to get cut list dimensions. It can be done but #1, it has to be an assembly.

BOM tables are repeat regions that get info from the assembly and each part to make list. There is some setup involved but if you are doing welded assemblies over and over, it can be worth the effort.

bom-image.jpg

So my part is just one part unfortunately... So I could produce each different piece seperately and asseble them but it would also take a while. I was wondering if there was a way to break down my part into pieces, but I guess I'll just need to make an assembly. 

Thanks for your help

A large part of my current position is large welded assemblies.

This one has about 30 individual parts (over 100 total components), 27000+ pounds of steel.

You have to tell the software how stuff is built. It doesn't take a solid model and determine manufacturing methods. Once you document your model with a drawing a manufacturer can build it. Sometimes manufacturers can take a solid model and build from it, but basically they are going to make a drawing detailing all the steps.

weld-assy.jpg

Thats great help for me. Thank you! I understand, and I was skepctical about how it would be done. I will make it as seperate parts and go from there. Thanks again!

You could use that single part as the base for all the different parts you need to make. Look into how to use Publish/Copy Geometry.

Top Tags