cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

IFX Fastener Won't Let Me Save File

MR_10064835
4-Participant

IFX Fastener Won't Let Me Save File

Hello.

I'm designing a large assembly, and have been using IFX fasteners for auto fitting dowel pins and it's been working great. But then I use IFX to place some socket head cap screws, and it loads them just fine, but after installing them, it won't let me save the file. It says "error writing file, check disk space or permissions".

If I try to do a save as, there is a yellow triangle with exclamation point next to the cap screw model and says "object is modified and will be saved" if i hover over it. Next to the fixture plate model (first model in the assembly tree) it has the red "X" and says "references renamed model "fiture_plate.asm".

I have no issues regenerating or saving before adding the fastener. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

please create simple test assembly reporting the problem and upload all assembly file (put the into single zip file and upload this zip).

Also publish Creo version, IFX license used (Lite or Full).

Martin Hanák

Sorry. I've attached a zip file of a simplified part. I'm using the lite version of IFX.

What's weird is that today I tried the same approach, using the HoloKrome cap screws available within IFX and it worked no problem. File saved like normal without any errors. I ended up just using that cap screw, but I'm wondering why the other standard ANSI cap screws gave me the error.

@MR_10064835 wrote:

Sorry. I've attached a zip file of a simplified part. I'm using the lite version of IFX.

What's weird is that today I tried the same approach, using the HoloKrome cap screws available within IFX and it worked no problem. File saved like normal without any errors. I ended up just using that cap screw, but I'm wondering why the other standard ANSI cap screws gave me the error.

Hi,

please provide more detailed information concerning cap screw. Attach picture of Creo dialog box showing screw you are adding. Also you can capture video reporting the problem.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

here are some information about the ANSI cap screw.

The ANSI cap screw link to an existing library part.

A creo 'search_path_file' option is set to find those files:

$CREO_COMMON_FILES\ifx\parts\prolibrary\search.pro

The files are located on this location:

"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.4.0\Common Files\ifx\parts\prolibrary\metriclib\hex_scr_bolt\mhcs.prt"

If you assemble this screw, it will not be chaned by IFX.

It will be loaded from the search_path location.

As Martin allready mentioned we need more information to figure out where the problem is.

Please attach a video, a trail.txt or some screen shoots to you post.

Thanks.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:MR_10064835)

Hi the error message "error writing file, check disk space or permissions" in our knowledge base points to two potentials causes:

• Windows Permission
  • File corruption

You may try changing the working directory to a permitted place and/or opening the screw separately, regenerate and re-save.

Top Tags