cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

IFX SCREW AND NUT

Daniel82
6-Contributor

IFX SCREW AND NUT

EXAMPLE.jpg

Hi I have this case of assembly with screw washer - nut washer and another washer and nut 

how i can assenbly this example with ifx? 

Is possible insert only a nut with ifx?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I hope @OliverGräbner can answer your question.

Martin Hanák

Hi Daniel,

it is not possible to assemble two nut/washers in one step.

But of course you can assemble a nut together with a washer instead of a screw. 

Follow this link to see how you can add a second nut.  Similarly you can add a nut instead of a screw on the first position.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Assembly-Design/Did-you-know-how-to-add-a-second-nut-in-IFX/m-p/649045

NOTE: The nut is not really connected to the first assembled screw. If you change the diameter of the first screw, you have to 'update' the diameter for the second nut manually.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
jbob
11-Garnet
(To:Daniel82)

If IFX cannot do this, you could build a UDF Family Table. If the material thickness changes or the depth of the rear counterbore changes you could use flexibility to also make that work.

Daniel82
6-Contributor
(To:jbob)

I have created the ifx table with internal code of factory.

I have the family table with screw or nut or washer, when i want insert into a assembly one nut or washer I use family table because with ifx is not possible insert one object.

The ifx code of nut ,washer and screw is connected with Family table when I insert one of it

Top Tags