cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

IFX: Screws on multiple parts

MaikTheBike
15-Moonstone

IFX: Screws on multiple parts

Hi,

I have created a 10mm thick plate that has to be screwed onto four linear guide bearings.

C1.JPG

In the IFX-Diaglog I selected the face of the drilling and the front and back-face of the plate. Then I selected the screw that I want to use. After that IFX asks me, if I want to create a single screw or if I want to insert the screw on all instances. I selected "insert on all instances", but the screws are only added to one of the four bearings(4 of 16 screws).

C2.JPG

When I try to use the "reuse"-command its not possible to select the face of the drillings of the other bearings.

To create the other screws I created four new screws for every bearing. It works, but its not very nice to change the size of the screws, because I have make a change four times (for every single bearing).

Is it possible to add all the screws to all four bearings with one feature?

Maybe someone knows a better solution ? 

Thanks,

Maik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Maik,

do you have another reference for your holes, e.g. an axis or a point?

You can send me your part, then I will have a look to your reference. The linear guide bearing should be enough to test it.

Another workaround: Create a point feature with 16 points in your main assembly and reference on the drilling surface of your holes.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@OliverGräbner ,

please can you answer the question ?

Martin Hanák

Hi Maik,

do you have another reference for your holes, e.g. an axis or a point?

You can send me your part, then I will have a look to your reference. The linear guide bearing should be enough to test it.

Another workaround: Create a point feature with 16 points in your main assembly and reference on the drilling surface of your holes.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Maik,

is this problem solved? 

If yes, please mark it as solved.

Thanks.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I was able to create the screws using the point-feature.

I also created a mapkey that creates the screws very fast (for every Bearing separately), which also worked very well.

Thanks

Top Tags