cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

INSERT SYMBOL IN TABLE CELL

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

INSERT SYMBOL IN TABLE CELL

hello,

i would like to ask you if it is possible to add a symbol in a table cell driven by a part relation.

for example, if PARAMETER_1==YES then PARAMETER_2==&sym(symbol_name)

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7

I don't think there is any option for this.

I imagine but it seems quite impossible to add a font that we need...i don’t understand how it works ctrl+A <character> ctrl + B
cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

thanks, but i do not find the way to modify one of that symbols in order to get what i need.

i would like to use a special charachter that symbolize a security issue like the one attached

I list two methods to embed a custom shape into a note. What won't work is assigning this via a parameter. Parameters are literal and are not parsed to see if there is any further expansion possible. If this function is required you'll need to hire a developer to create a toolkit application that will do a custom interpretation of your files. This function will probably need to be re-compiled, and possibly re-written, for each new release of Creo and installed for each user.

1) You can create a custom font source, then compile it, and then change the text to use that font for that one character. Commercial installs include the information and the tools to do this. Check the Guides/help for Fonts. The number of users that have done this is tiny. Usually it's limited to adding marks to tell "1" from "I" in the font named FONT.

I see that of late, Creo 3, PTC allows the choice of symbol_font via config option, but I expect they don't let the user select any but the two applicable fonts.

This won't work because the parameter can't hold the alternate font name for the embedded characters.

You can also use "&sym(symbolname)" in the note, where "symbolname" is the name of a symbol already added to the drawing, though it doesn't need to remain displayed.

This won't work with a parameter because the contents of parameters aren't evaluated, just taken as written and displayed.

I realize this is an old post, but I feel that I am close to a solution, that just wont work...

I have added this in the Repeat Region --> Relation

REG = ASM_MBR_REGULATORY
IF asm_mbr_regulatory != "N"
REG = "&sym(REGULATORY_CHARACTERISTIC)"
ELSE
REG = "N"
ENDIF
ENDIF

The results I get is the name of the text field populated in the table, however, I don't get a visual of the symbol.  

If I create a standalone table I can get the symbol to show easily...

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:surgess)

thanks for the answer, in fact i have already solved the problem in another way because it seems that no symbol could enter in a repeat region. so i use a customized set of font in which i have replaced font % and $ with our needs. then i have added only a parameter named SECURITY that alternatively is % or $ and the result is the one in the image below
Top Tags