cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Images imported into drawings using a .drw template are scaled using 1in=1mm instead say 1in=25.4mm

DB@HuscoInt
6-Contributor

Images imported into drawings using a .drw template are scaled using 1in=1mm instead say 1in=25.4mm

Hey Community,

I've got this wacky issue effecting imported images using the Image Tab

(Attached is a 6in x 6in image being scaled by 1in=1mm and 1in=25.4mm)

I've tested this and have reproduced it in:

Creo 4 M150 (Current Software at my company)

Creo 7.0.8.0 (Customer version)

Creo 8.0.7.0 (Planned update to this version)

It seems whenever a .drw is created without a model connected to it the units used for image scaling default to 1in=1mm. (Also effects resolution of the image)

If you then create a new drawing of a .prt with "use template" in the new drawing dialogue box it carries this scaling over to the new drawing with no way to change it. Thus any image that comes in so tiny that a DXF has to be used instead of images on any print that was created using this method.

If you create a new drawing of a .prt with "empty with format" in the new drawing dialogue box it changes the scale to 1in=25.4mm or Unit Conversion Factor for the unit specified the .DTL. (It also looks like it will repeat the scaling issue if the "default template" checkbox is marked in the naming field dialogue box)

I've swapped out start parts, start formats and .DTLs with no luck

(This issue has accumulated on so many prints its not practical to redo any of them)

Do you have any ideas of how to fix this issue without deleting the drawing.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks,

-DB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:DB@HuscoInt)

Objects can be added to drawings and saved in the drawing if you set config save_texture_with_model  yes.

This does have some limitations but does work.  It governs the saving of images in all file types.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please see uploaded video. It shows that Images function uses size values only. Because of this the size of imported picture is related to drawing_units. If it is suitable for you you can include an Object into your drawing.

Martin Hanák

When I insert images on a drawing with a part attached it comes in multiplied by 25.4

(Image in the video is 2in x 2in and should come as 2x2 then with the drw units set in the .DTL)

That's why I was thinking the 1=25.4 was a feature but maybe there is something that is messing with my the drawing units and its upscaling the image.

I like the idea of objects but I thought they couldn't be moved from a folder location because they are linked even when embedded into a drawing.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:DB@HuscoInt)

Objects can be added to drawings and saved in the drawing if you set config save_texture_with_model  yes.

This does have some limitations but does work.  It governs the saving of images in all file types.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
DB@HuscoInt
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

Didn't know that config also effects OLE Objects, with this functionality that makes using them a no brainer because you can also edit the image/spreadsheet inside the drawing.

Some of the old timers here have refused to use OLE objects because they still continue to think they are linked to a folder or when the drawing is saved appear as a file in Windchill.

This is really good to know and I can start telling people to include custom OLE objects once I set that in the global config

Top Tags