cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Import csv format file error in schematics?

zhenqiang
4-Participant

Import csv format file error in schematics?

Hi,I creat a simple table in excel and outport as a csv format file,when I import it into the datatable of creo schematics,it prompts invalid file,error.

So,I change the charactor set to ASCⅡ or UNICODE,and change the delimiter to comma,space or semicolon,but it does not work.

So anything that I missed?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

make sure first row is the header row, second row is the parameters name and each subsequent row specifies a dataset with respective parameter values, separated by commas.

for example :

header row: Type,Datatable
parameters name: Manufacturer,Rating,Speed
parameters value(DS1): Bosch,10,2500
parameters value(DS2): Siemens,10,3500
parameters value(DS3): Plessey,15,2500

delimiter should be comma,

if it still does not work, if you will provide sample of your CSV content it will be easier to help you.

Additonal info can be found in help center topic : About the CSV File Format

Regards,

Gaby

zhenqiang
4-Participant
(To:Gaby_K)

Thanks,Gaby,I should look for more in help center.

Top Tags