cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Import .stp hide quilt and other lines properly

acarpenter
1-Newbie

Import .stp hide quilt and other lines properly

How do I import a .stp file that's an assembly without it showing all the quilt lines and other that show in the part and in the drawing?

I have tried the create new part, import the data then hide them in "view-layers", but the assy has no layers.

I'm very new to this and everything I've found online does not show detailed methods to do this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:acarpenter)

The quilts will always come in when a part is imported.  They can be removed from the individual parts using the import data doctor.  However, since you are new to CREO, layers would be the best method.

You will need to make layers in each part for the part level items.  These layers can then be seen in the assembly layer tree.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

This can be done even if it's just a Import Fearture?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Yes

Create a new layer in the part.  Add items to the layer.  You may need to query select (right click until correct item is highlighted then left click to select) to get only the quilts you want to hide.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

You can create layers with rules in your start parts, then when importing the Step files you have to use them,

If you don't want to import the quilts at all, disable them when importing:2016-05-11 00_09_01-New notification.jpg

Thanks for all the help.

Jose,

When I fallow your example this is all I get:

CREO STP IMPORT.jpg

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

My guess is that, on that assembly many parts are not closed. Creo was not able to close them on solids, they are just a group of surfaces (quilts).

So you'll have better chances working with layers. See if my short movie helps you:

Jose

Top Tags