cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Import symbols "Less-Than Or Equal To" and "Greater-Than Or Equal To" to Creo?

haåman
7-Bedrock

Import symbols "Less-Than Or Equal To" and "Greater-Than Or Equal To" to Creo?

Hello,

Does anybody know how to import the symbols "less-than or equal to" and "greater-than or equal to" to Creo? The symbols are not Ascii but are a part of the Unicode (hex).

Thank you!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:haåman)

In a drawing?

NOTE1.JPG

Or in the symbal palette?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

Okay, that's not on my keyboard, Matt. How'd ya do that?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

≥ ≤

Hold ALT and type 242 (≥) or 243 (≤) on the numpad and let go of ALT.

For the above note I had to find a font that supports those chars, otherwise you just get a square.(I think it was the last font on the list of fonts).

If you want the list of chars, google ASCII table or Unicode table, etc. there are a lot of them.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Excellent! That belongs in this thread too

Tips for text

haåman
7-Bedrock

Thank you for your answers Matt!

But I can't get it to work. Do you change the font using the default_font option in detail options?

Do you get it to work with the feature Text in a prt-file? How do you change the font there?

//H

Heidi, two thoughts... on a drawing, you can change the text style, Font and uncheck "default" and scroll down to win_font or univers OTS.

To obtain the character <alt>242, you need to put your keyboard numberpad on num-lock. Now while editing the text, hold the alt key and enter 242 from the number pad.

It is unfortunate that this is not a more supported character. This fact alone makes this a good "character" to add to a symbol library since most people don't use either of these fonts.

Thank you for your answer Antonius, but I'm still having problems with this. I've tried to do the chars both with and w/o the numpad option turned on. Here's what I get with Alt+242:

note_props_text.jpgnote_props_text_style.jpg

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance

BR,

H

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Character display is font specific. In many fonts not all characters have a related image. From fonts dot com:

"The Univers® typeface family is one of the most prolific grotesque sans-serif typefaces of the century. Like Helvetica®, Univers is based on 1898‘s Akzidenz-Grotesk. However, Univers is unique in that the design lacks superfluous features of any type, creating a design that is versatile and distinctive without being obstrusive. Adrian Frutiger began work on Univers in 1954, completing his design in 1957. The Univers type family has grown to 44 different weights and styles, some of which include Cyrillic characters"

If you have Wingdings or Dingbats fonts installed, you can see what I mean very easily.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Heidi,

I'm not sure. Are you on a US English Windows OS? The character map might be different in other versions of Windows, I don't know this, just guessing.

What happens if you copy/paste it right from this web page? ≥ ≤

Also, there is a much more tedius way of finding chars; in Windows (not Creo) go to Start > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map. (or Start and type char in the search field.)

You can search characters and copy/pase them out of there. BUT again the font you use in Creo still needs to support the character you pick if you want it displayed right.

Antonius,

Can you add character to the symbol palette, and it will strip the font dependency? hmm I'm not sure.

Have to look at that some more.

great2.JPG

haåman
7-Bedrock

Hi Matt,

I finally got it to work! Thank you so much for your help!

I changed the language for non-Unicode programs to English (United States) and now I get the Alt+242-command to work with the font win-font and Univers.

Best regards,

Heidi

Top Tags