cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Imported Image Not Showing Up

DV_10345470
2-Guest

Imported Image Not Showing Up

I have an imported image (company logo) saved in a generic drawing format. When I attempt to copy that drawing format (using "Copy from Other Drawing" and "Entire Sheet") into a new drawing, the format shows up WITHOUT the image. Is there a way to "lock" the image into the drawing so that it will accompany the drawing when it's copied into a new one? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DV_10345470)

Actually, now that I read this again I don't think the issue is with the image.  The only data in a format that gets copied into the drawing are the tables.  Everything else on the format is just combined (or overlaid) onto the drawing.  Even though you can see it, it's not actually "in" the drawing.  Using the 'copy from other drawing' command is only going to copy the stuff in the drawing.  It does not copy anything from the format.  If you want to copy the image from the format to the drawing, you will need to open the format and do so manually.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Images can be flaky depending on which version of Creo you're running and how a few config options are set.  Which version of Creo Parametric are you currently using and what format is the original image?

The version I am using is: Creo Parametric 6.0.2.0. The image file is .jpg format.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Actually, now that I read this again I don't think the issue is with the image.  The only data in a format that gets copied into the drawing are the tables.  Everything else on the format is just combined (or overlaid) onto the drawing.  Even though you can see it, it's not actually "in" the drawing.  Using the 'copy from other drawing' command is only going to copy the stuff in the drawing.  It does not copy anything from the format.  If you want to copy the image from the format to the drawing, you will need to open the format and do so manually.

Ok, I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks for the info.

In your format, you can try adding the image into the cell of a table. Since the table gets copied, it should copy the image as well.

Top Tags