cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Importing Parasolid (x_t) causes Creo 5 to Crash! Help!

nebraska-engr
8-Gravel

Importing Parasolid (x_t) causes Creo 5 to Crash! Help!

Hello,

I am running Creo 5.0.4.0 on Windows 10.

I am trying to open a standard parasolid file and it causes Creo to freeze while loading (spinning wheel of death). Shortly after, Creo stops responding and crashes.

I have tried this on another coworkers computer with the same setup as me, and it crashes for him too. Has anyone seen this before? I read online that you should be able to open x_t filetypes, but this seems to not be the case for me. Please help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may want to try NOT loading any configuration files. Rename any config.pro and/or config.sup.

This will bring you back closer to an out of the box scenario.

If you can attach the file here, I would be happy to try. I'm on Creo 4 (not 5).

It's possible the file is a bad export. If you have another cad software, try importing.

I have created exports that have been too complex or large. I have also received them. Sometimes you have to work with the file provider to get the right recipe and strike a good balance

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You may want to try NOT loading any configuration files. Rename any config.pro and/or config.sup.

This will bring you back closer to an out of the box scenario.

If you can attach the file here, I would be happy to try. I'm on Creo 4 (not 5).

It's possible the file is a bad export. If you have another cad software, try importing.

I have created exports that have been too complex or large. I have also received them. Sometimes you have to work with the file provider to get the right recipe and strike a good balance

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags