cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Inflexible Dimensions in Creo.....?

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Inflexible Dimensions in Creo.....?

We recently moved from Wildfire 4.0 to Creo 2.0, and have found most of the changes to be pretty good, and reasonably logical.

With a few exceptions...

One of those exceptions is that when placing dimensions, there seems to be some defaults set that we can't seem to find ways of changing.

They make dimensioning much more of a burden than is necessary, and seem to have caused us a lot more time and right clicks to arrange dimensions appropriately.

Here's the lsit:

1. Number of places to the right of the decimal is set to 3.

It's pretty rare for us to use 3 (we almost always use dual dimensions in Metric/English with Metric on top/left - usually 1 or 2 places, and English on bottom/right - usually one digit more.

2. Location of the dimension text.

It used to be that once we place it, all we had to do was click on the text and move it any direction, and the accompanying leaders would move with it appropriately. Now, we have to either right click and flip the text, or right click and selct "Move Text" in order to move it, for instance, in lign with the arrows.

3. Leader lines are inflexible as well.

Again, it used to be that you could select the leaders and change the length of the section with little "handlebars", which seem to no longer exist in Creo. As a result, we spend much more time getting dimensions arranged the way we want them. It seems counter-productive.

Are there any ways to set all these things to a flexible mode in the config.pro or some other default settings?

Thanks kindly,

Don W.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
DHLewis
11-Garnet
(To:DW)

Don,

Here is what you need to know.

1. There is a setting in Config.Pro file that always has controlled the Default Decimal places:

'DEFAULT_DEC_PLACES 2' should get you what you are looking for.

2&3. If you click on the SHIFT key in both cases the arrow with change from four ways to 2 ways. Then you will be able to drag the text within the confines of the horizontal alignment of both dimensions and leaders.

Hope that helps.

David

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:DHLewis)

Wonderful ! I'll have to go mess with the config.pro next...

ClintWalton
1-Newbie
(To:DW)

Hi Don,

Did DHLewis' comment resolve your questions? It sounds correct to me but I want to confirm you are all set before I mark his respose as "Correct."

Top Tags