cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Insert a plus-minus tolerance into a table

SK_RD8
4-Participant

Insert a plus-minus tolerance into a table

Hi,

I need to write a plus-minus tolrence into a table, how do you do that? 

it needs to state: 9.45 (upper) -0.2093 (lower) -0.3153

I guess you can write in the text editor but I cant figure out what to write

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:SK_RD8)

This has come up a number of times over the decades. Currently, as I see it, there are three ways to do this:

(1) If there is a dimension on the drawing that has the format you wish, just reference that dimension in the table cell.

(2) Type the text into the cell and then format the superscript and subscript bits with the corresponding text formatting selections in the ribbon.

(3) Bring up the Text->Text Editor window and type the text in with the archaic Pro/E "markup" codes: "{0:9.45}{1:@+-0.2093@#}{2:@--0.3153@#}{3:@-@#}"

Here's a thorough discussion from long ago:

Old text tips discussion 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

This has come up a number of times over the decades. Currently, as I see it, there are three ways to do this:

(1) If there is a dimension on the drawing that has the format you wish, just reference that dimension in the table cell.

(2) Type the text into the cell and then format the superscript and subscript bits with the corresponding text formatting selections in the ribbon.

(3) Bring up the Text->Text Editor window and type the text in with the archaic Pro/E "markup" codes: "{0:9.45}{1:@+-0.2093@#}{2:@--0.3153@#}{3:@-@#}"

Here's a thorough discussion from long ago:

Old text tips discussion 

Chris3
20-Turquoise

If you turn on the config option Tol_display to yes then you can see the +, - variable names. In the example below, tp201 is the plus tolerance and tm201 is the minus tolerance. To see these either open the relations dialog box (Tools -> Relations) or on the model table you can click the model intent fly down and select Switch Dimensions.

Chris3_0-1639484045824.png

After you have the dimension variable names you can include them on your drawing with the session ID like this &tp201:0 where :0 is the session ID. To find out the session ID read through this thread:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/How-can-I-get-the-Session-ID-in-a-Repeat-Region/m-p/544911/highlight/true#M29795 

We have a mapkey that imports a version of that text file onto the drawing.

Top Tags