cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Inserting a family table into a drawing

ZacharyBringham
1-Newbie

Inserting a family table into a drawing

I've got a series of 25 parts that I created using a family table since only 2 dimensions change between each instance. I can't figure out how to import the family table into the drawing, though. I've tried to create the repeat region like I've seen in other posts, but it won't let me actually create the region. I'm at a loss.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
linda
5-Regular Member
(To:ZacharyBringham)

hi

have you used a two-d region and use fam. as report symbol?

the followings are the tables for your reference. hope they will help you someway.

region.JPG

result.JPG

?

Hi

I entered this forum for the same problem.

I have 3 instances with 2 variables. I can get the rep.index, i can get fam.inst.name, i can get the fam.inst.value (at this moment I don't need the inst.name in the begining of the table) but I can't get the second and third inst.value on the following two collumns like @Linda did.

My table outputs

first fam.inst.name | first fam.inst.value

first fam.inst.name | second fam.inst.value

first fam.inst.name | third fam.inst.value

second fam.inst.name | first fam.inst.value

second fam.inst.name | second fam.inst.value

second fam.inst.name | third fam.inst.value...

ans so on.

How should the repeat region look like?

thank you.

Ser79ban

Hello,

I have attached a .tbl file for a repeat region table based on a part with a family table. Try creating a table from file using this file to see if this is what you are looking for. The formatting and such may not be as desired as it is pretty generic, but perhaps it will help you see how to set it up.

Also as a side note make sure that when you create the table that the generic is the model being used for the table creation. Sometimes when creating a drawing we will show a view of and instance, and then the table will reflect the family table from the generic but the we have to be sure to direct the table to use the generic model as the model for the table or else the repeat region gets lost.

Hope this helps!
-Greg

Thank you!

Yes, this is what I needed. I see now the definition of repeat-regions and it makes sense. The same definision was in Linda's example but I didn't realised.

My problem was that I was trying to do the entire table with only one repeat region 😉

as you provide the table bbut if i want to learn how to make this table then can you please tell me. how can i assign the 2-d repeat region. you can take your family table format as a ref. model

Top Tags