cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Interchange components disappearing.

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Interchange components disappearing.

I have been having a problem lately where when I open an interchange assembly, all the components disappear.

If I close the assembly and verify a family table which uses them, it still works properly.

But if I want to add a new component to the interchange assembly then I can't.

I am using WF4 and I have never had this problem before.

We have recently changed from Windchill to something called Blue Star so I am wondering if it has anything to do with this.

I have noticed that Blue Star cannot distinguish that a interchange assembly needs to be uploaded with an assembly so it does have to be manually uploaded.

Just fishing for any thoughts please.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:mjenkins)

I don't know how I figured this out but I opened the interchange assembly in Geometry only rep version.

The components didn't disappear but in the tree they said not retrieved.

I right clicked on one and said open.

After that, then they appeared as normal in the tree and I was able to add a new component.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Also I just opened it with Creo 2 and the components also disappeared as soon as it finished loading all of them.

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

I don't know how I figured this out but I opened the interchange assembly in Geometry only rep version.

The components didn't disappear but in the tree they said not retrieved.

I right clicked on one and said open.

After that, then they appeared as normal in the tree and I was able to add a new component.

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Now I am opening another interchange which is having the same problem but the original solution is not working.

I am noticing a message that says "WARNING: Component xxx has no reference to interchange, removing...."

Top Tags