cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Intermittent welds around a pipe

pshepherdson
9-Granite

Intermittent welds around a pipe

Hi All,

I want to put 4 welds around a pipe.  The pipe is welded to the flat plate.  The issue is that I want the welds to be centered on the quadrants, yet Creo seem to only want to start at the quadrants..

I can't seem to set a negative start point, and the 'center welds' option seems to be broken..  And I can't see to set a uniform way to get these welds.. 

2 REPLIES 2

Upate:

So, my work-around is this:

Create 2 work planes so I can define my start & stop of the weld (and make sure they are on each side of a plane that is  mid of the selected semi-circle of the tube / cylinder - this seems to be an issue)

- create weld, and select the start & stop planes.

- polar array the weld.

Just seems like an awful lot of work for something that seems soooo trivial & simple, and Creo seems to offer tools for it. (but this is Creo, so I expect some needed weird & convoluted work-around..)

Of course, when I try to do my inner weld (same work planes) Creo is deciding that the start & stop are other other side of the work planes, no matter how I try to put the welds. (so instead of a nice 30° weld, I'm getting 150° welds, despite my start & stop points show a 30° weld!)

So, I create 2 new work planes for this weld.

so frustrating!

Top Tags