cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Internal Framework (AFX) end cap

CW_9587574
8-Gravel

Internal Framework (AFX) end cap

Hi,

I'm trying to create internal end caps on a framework assembly I generated using AFX. I'm used to being able to do this in SolidWorks (see documentation) but I can't find the equivalent in Creo - can someone please show me where I'm going wrong? Does this exist in a different menu?

The closest I've found is the 'New Equipment Element', but this only generates external end caps and with a chamfer, not a radius. I'm expecting the tool to grab the radius from the RHS profile definition and able to be set internal/external dynamically.

CW_9587574_0-1668565493299.pngCW_9587574_1-1668565640837.png

I've tried setting the 'T' parameter negative to achieve something similar but to no avail.

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

If you uncheck "With chamfer" you can use Round on the corners afterwards, as the generated end cap is a solid. It's a manual operation but returns a nice result.

Ideally though, there should be two options in the end cap generator: "With chamfer" and "With radius".

Hi @CW_9587574 ,

thanks for the input. We are thinking about putting this in one of the next AFX releases.

If you need this in advance or are willing to test it then please contact me directly so we can discuss the details.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks @SamuelBrantner , happy to hear you are working on this already. To be honest I probably don't use framework enough to be a good test subject, but that is also why I thought I was just looking in the wrong menu.

@EdvinTailwind thanks for the suggestion but my main point was I wanted to find a way to create 'internal' end caps, i.e. those that exist wholly within the profile, which in this case would have also necessitated a radius. Adding a radius to an external end cap would not produce the desired result.

Is it possible for the users to create their own master models and add them to the AFX structure like we can with IFX?

Hi  @BenLoosli ,

AFX works very differently and uses a special script language for the assembly of components. So you would need a good understanding of it in order to create your own elements. 

We have a custom connector training that could help out:

https://dl.buw-soft.de/afx/guides/AFX_Custom_connector_training.zip

Here a documentation of the script language:

https://dl.buw-soft.de/afx/guides/AFX_Scriptlanguage_docu.zip

Hope this helps

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hey Ben - We have some tools that can help with this. Give me a call if you're interested in learning more.

On this topic, PTC have just rolled out this functionality in Onshape.

CW_9587574_0-1670983298987.jpeg

What's New 1.157 - Frame End Caps

Top Tags