cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Intralink 3.4 - Failed to take or refresh license

ptc-109699
1-Newbie

Intralink 3.4 - Failed to take or refresh license



Hello fellow Intralink 3.4 gurus.



I have a situation on my hands that I am not quite sure how to fix. We
have been running 3.4 for quite some time with absolutely no problems.
That is part of the reason why we haven't upgraded. I came in this
morning and received the "Failed to take or refresh license" error. My
first thought was to do a dbshut and follow that up by doing a dbstart.
That did absolutely nothing. I shut down the services and restarted
them followed by the dbshut and dbstart. It still didn't and work and
yes I know the definition of an idiot (doing the same thing over again
and expecting different results). I restarted the machine and went into
the DSMU to ensure that I could connect to the dataserver and file
server. No problems there. Now I am at a loss.



Any information that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks in advance.







Nathan Zimmerman

Product Development Coordinator

PTC Systems Administrator

Engineering



1000 Buffalo Road

Lewisburg, PA 17837 USA

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello fellow Intralink 3.4 gurus.

I have a situation on my hands that I am not quite sure how to fix. We have been running 3.4 for quite some time with absolutely no problems. That is part of the reason why we haven’t upgraded. I came in this morning and received the “Failed to take or refresh license” error. My first thought was to do a dbshut and follow that up by doing a dbstart. That did absolutely nothing. I shut down the services and restarted them followed by the dbshut and dbstart. It still didn’t and work and yes I know the definition of an idiot (doing the same thing over again and expecting different results). I restarted the machine and went into the DSMU to ensure that I could connect to the dataserver and file server. No problems there. Now I am at a loss.

Any information that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I usually see this as a network glitch, not a Intralink issue.

Something hic-cupped between the client and the dataserver



99.9% of the time, reboot resolves the error message



Black & Decker Hardware & Home Improvement
Michelle McMasters
Engineering Systems Administrator/Process Integration Specialist

michelle.mcmasters@bdhhi.com
Demonstrate Unyielding Integrity * Deliver on Commitments * Inspire
Excellence * Win through Teamwork

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you


Nathan,
Your issue is not the Pro/INTRALINK application but your license server. You may want to reboot the license management software and or the machine on which the license management software is running. Try pinging the license machine or run ptcstatus.bat to see if your license server is reachable.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | Sr. Applications Engineer | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078

[cid:image001.jpg@01CA52FD.60EABB00]
ebeattie
4-Participant
(To:ptc-109699)

Greetings everyone,

A few years ago I was working for HP and we ran into the issue of putting
Pro/E licenses on laptops.

The issue with the registry entries for the "Network Cards" meant that we
had to manually fix this every time. Obviously a Pain in the Butt.
So I wrote a simple C sharp program to do this which showed all the Cards
in a window and allowed you to choose the one you wanted to use for the
license.
The program then would reset all the cards sequentially with the one you
picked as "1". This worked quite well.
We also found that if the cards were named in the teens i.e. "12", "14",
"15" and so forth, that FLEX would pick one randomly because it did not
differentiate between "1" and "14".
I guess it is only looking at the first character.

Anyway, I still have that program and am willing to share it with anyone
who requests it. It is small, 40 kb, 9 zipped.
I do not give any warranty or take any responsibility if there is any
problems. I will advise you to create a restore point on the machine prior
to using it.

If you would like a copy of it, E-mail me at ebeattie@komatsuna.com or
-
I can also supply the source code if you are interested.

Thank you.
======================
Earl Beattie
Top Tags