cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Introductions

ptc-2605080
1-Newbie

Introductions

Hello all, my name is Geoff Baxter and I'm a CAD Application Developer with NOV. I currently write code for Sigmaxim's Creo add-on SmartAssembly which we use to "automate", accelerate, and increase the consistency of our drill bit design processes. I have 9+ years of experience with PTC CAD and PDM software and I reside in the metro Houston area. I look forward to learning from you on this forum.

Design well!

--Geoff

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Geoffrey-

Thank you for getting the ball rolling on this new forum. PTC/USER will be getting the word out so you will see lots more activity in the coming days and weeks.

Ron Watson
Director, PLM COE andTechnical Documentation Group

Xylem Inc.
1133 Westchester Avenue
White Plains, NY 10604
Tel:
Email: ronald.watson@xyleminc.com

Welcome to the new forum for SmartAssembly. Thanks to Ron and his team for putting this together for us.

My name is Joel Beckley. For those who do not know me, I'm the lead application engineer for SmartAssembly at SIGMAXIM. This is a privalege for us and I look forward to the future with PTCUser!

Thank You,

Joel Beckley

Application Engineer

SIGMAXIM

Ron, you're welcome. I really look forward to sharing with and learning from other people here.

Design well!

--Geoff

Hello Everyone, my name is Josh Hunstiger. I am an applications engineer for SmartAssembly at SIGMAXIM. Ron, although we have not had an opportunity to meet I would like to thank you for setting this up. I look forward to PTCUser and being a part of this community.

Thank You,

Joshua Hunstiger

Applications Engineer

SIGMAXIM, Inc.

Wayne Beck here. We have been using SmartAssembly for 2 years now and look forward to helping and learning from others.

Wayne Beck

CAD/Windchill Analyst

Midmark Corporation

-

Office: 1-800-MIDMARK, ext. 8532

Cell: (937) 564-8777

midmark.com

Not applicable
(To:ptc-2605080)

Hello everyone,

Zach Miller from TE Connectivity inHarrisburg PA here.

I have been using Pro/ENGINEER and now Creo for about 7 years now and have been using, and writing programs for, SmartAssembly for about 6 of those years. I was fortunate to learn SmartAssembly early in my career and hardly know Pro/E without it.

I have written SmartAssembly programs for everything from short, simple 'productivity' tools for long, complex programs that completely automate the creation of a product assembly and the drawings. Currently I am working on an initiative to teach our users about design automation with the ultimate goal of getting at least some of them writing their own SmartAssembly programs.

Looking forward to hearing from others who are using SmartAssembly.

Hi I'm Scot Zundel. I ama Project Engineer for Xylem based out of Zelienople and we are in the beginning stage of implementing SmartAssembly.

I have been a Creo user for 5 years and I'm excited to learn more about automation.

Hello my name is Steven Smith, and some of you probably know me from my CADquest textbook collection for Pro/E, Creo, and Windchill. I'm an old Pro/E user since rev 13 in 1994.

For over 6 years I have beenwriting SmartAssembly programs, developing automation solutions, using Excel VBA, and so on, for a variety of our customers. SmartAssembly is the greatest thing since Pro/E itself, I love it. I would much rather be writing a SmartAssembly program than doing anything else.

I'm glad this new forum is available for us to share ideas and get help.

I knew there was something about you that I liked Steve! 🙂

Welcome to the forum.

Joel Beckley

Application Engineer

SIGMAXIM

Top Tags