cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Is it possible to anchor a leader note to a symbol?

joe_morton
17-Peridot

Is it possible to anchor a leader note to a symbol?

I'm trying to create a symbol in Creo for Grain Direction, similar to what's show in ASME Y14.8. It consists of a symbol that is placed on the geometry, with a leader note placed outside of the geometry, pointing to the symbol.

I know I can have a leader go FROM a symbol, to an entity in the drawing, but is it possible to have a leader go TO a symbol? (And actually attach/anchor)? 

See image attached

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:joe_morton)

Unfortunately Creo does not allow for creating a leader note in the symbol or attaching a leader to a symbol.  You can relate a leader not to a symbol, but the only thing that moves is the note not the leader.

I would suggest starting an Idea.  I would vote for it.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The "trick" I've used in the past to do this kind of annotation is when I create the leader note I attach it to the surface of the part near the marking I've applied in the model. It's not a perfect attachment to the marking, but I just want to make sure that if I move the view the note goes along, too.

I'm using Creo 4, by the way, hopefully whatever version you are using behaves in a similar manner.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Another option is to use Relate to Object and attach it to the view.

kdirth_0-1620669168917.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Unfortunately Creo does not allow for creating a leader note in the symbol or attaching a leader to a symbol.  You can relate a leader not to a symbol, but the only thing that moves is the note not the leader.

I would suggest starting an Idea.  I would vote for it.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Searching for something else, I came across this. Don't know if it will help or not:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Attach-note-leader-to-a-symbol-leader/m-p/139733

Thanks all for your suggestions. This helped confirm for me that what I was trying to do isn't really possible.

I created an idea here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Allow-note-leader-to-anchor-to-a-symbol/idi-p/728519#M14297

Top Tags